Tuesday, November 27, 2012

There's No Need for Introductions.



            During the holidays, there’s a lot to look forward to: entertainingly awkward family gatherings, good food, and Starbuck’s seasonal gingerbread latte. However, the one thing that I look forward to the most has always been the heavy stream of movies that hits theaters at this time of year. In the darkness of the movie theater, I’ve always felt like the dust that hangs in front of the projector, like I’m basking in the light from the 20 x 50 foot screen and am content to float there forever. There’s something about a good movie that makes you feel time warped once you step back into the sunlight.
            Over the course of the next three weeks, I am going to search for the ultimate film. My escapades will be documented here. This search will include an intricate dissection of film, how a screenplay is put together and why it does or does not succeed at telling a story. Like any good dissection, I’ll figure out how each part helps to create this story, the lungs that help it breathe and the heart that thumps strong from beginning to end.
When reading this, please keep in mind that the extent of my blogging knowledge is that it can sometimes be spelled with a “V”, even though I don’t know why. The goal is also to produce my own screenplay based on the things that I learn from this Homeric journey. And so, to start us off, here are a few countdowns that I promise are important, even if you don’t know why yet!
MOVIES WATCHED: 0
SCREENPLAY PAGES WRITTEN: 0
NOVEL PAGES WRITTEN: 38
PAGES LEFT IN ATONEMENT: 235

No comments:

Post a Comment